- For Sale or Lease: For Sale
- Name of Curly Horse for Sale: Thunderbird
- Nickname of your Curly: Thunder
- Gender: Gelding
- Mare in Foal?: No
- Year Born: 2014
- Gaited: Yes
- Body Type: Horse
- Height: please use (h), (cm) or (inches) if a mini: 15h
- Weight: 1000
- Color: Bay roan pinto
- Saddle Trained: Yes
- Trained in the following Disciplines: (PLEASE check as many as apply. This is an important search option for buyers): All-Around, Green Broke, Dressage, English, Jumping, Western
- Temperament - rate - 1 (calm) to 10 (hot): 2
- Registration: Not Registered
- Contact person/and or farm name: Kathy Busch
- Phone: 402-980-2916
- Web Site URL (type FULL website address including http://): 2021 10th Street
- Street: 2021 10th Street
- City: COLUMBUS
- State/Province: Nebraska
- Country: United States
- Zip/Postal Code: 68601
- Listed: January 28, 2018 1:31 pm
- Expires: 66 days
email, call, or text
I have too many horses. I have another curly I’ve had longer so I need to sell Thunder. Thunder has had 30 days with a professional trainer but I don’t ride him a lot because I ride my other horse and also manage two children while I am at the farm. Thunder is very gentle, has one of the best minds of any horse I’ve ever worked with (as good as my other curly), and REALLY loves people. He has two curly genes, so he is an extreme curly. If you are looking for a horse that will bond with you, Thunder is looking for a best friend.
He is gaited, and his maternal grandsire is DCC Traveler so he may develop into a low-level dressage horse, hunter, or jumper. He would also be perfectly happy just to be your best friend for trail rides, etc. I am told by his breeder he could be registered but never was. He is not what I would call an overly fancy horse and is a little cow hocked in back so he might not win a world championship in a halter class. I am not asking a fortune for him. His greatest asset his is disposition. He is a gentle thinker. He would need a lot more training to do more advanced riding but his natural trot can be remarkably beautiful. I got Thunder as a second horse about a year and a half ago and just don’t ride him much at all. He needs to be conditioned as he has not done much, before being ridden a lot or starting a training program.
Always has walked right into a trailer, trims, up to date on vaccinations and worming, etc.
Thunder would really like a person to call his own so make me an offer.
241 total views, 3 today